Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A new day but the same old crap

Today I officially cried.  Yep tears of salty water ran down my face, and I was happy.  Over the past few weeks, I have been so emotionally stunted I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with me - sure I was able to shed a few tears over a puppy stuck down a drain, or anything that happened on packed to the rafters but in real life, I wasn't able to produce anything.  It was pissing me off.  But today, everything came on top of me, and at my son's playgroup I thrust my daughter into my friend Paula's arms and hightailed it to the loos and had a good sob. 

And then a small chuckle.

And then a smile.

I felt fantastic.  I had released tears, and some emotions, I felt like I could take on the world...well not really but it would have been nice!

So, new day and same old crap but with a tiny bit better outlook on life knowing I am not emotionally stunted that I do know how to cry.

Now back to the housework, last night's dishes, and tonight's dinner...joy.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment